Thursday, February 2, 2012

Penguin Baby Shower

One of my very best friends husbands is obsessed with Penguins. I mean OBSESSED! So when she got pregnant with her first child and I offered to throw her a baby shower, I knew what the theme would be. PENGUINS! I'm not a huge fan of Penguins (Sorry, Parker) but I knew I could make this shower adorable. I had to. This girl is crafty. I mean super crafty. Just check out this Twilight party we threw together. Anyway, I digress. I put my sister Connie on the job to make her a "Penguin Quilt" That's all I told her and wouldn't you know it, I got it in the mail from Utah a few days before the shower and it was THE SAME EXACT PENGUIN I had used for all the printables, cards, decor etc. Talk about being in sync!
Photobucket
We started with a sign in tree as you enter the party. I found the idea on-line and thought what a fun way to give the new mommy our old mommy wisdom! Each party guest wrote their advice on a mini penguin and hung the little guy on the advice tree.
Photobucket
Photobucket
We played a few of the classic baby shower games but mostly ate and talked. I made Oreo Truffles,
Photobucket
used donut holes as "snowballs",
Photobucket
made these cute little olive penguins,
Photobucket
I found out her favorite snack foods that she loved to eat during pregnancy and mixed them all together for the party favor. I displayed them in this cute frame. (A word of caution...cheetos are greasy and bleed through the bags to make oily spots!)
Photobucket
Photobucket
I decorated the food table with "snowballs" made from yarn and styrafoam trees. Here is before the food came:
Photobucket
A friend of mine made these cute penguin cake pops. Adorable!
Photobucket


The shower was a huge success!!

Photos Courtesy of http://www.rachaeldphotography.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. I love this party!! Where did you get the penguins for the tree? Did you have to cut those out yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natassia- I just printed them off the computer and cut them out. If you type in "cartoon penguin" in google images you will see it come up! It was easy to cut out. Thanks for your comment!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I am completely coping your party idea. :) I LOVE the tree and donut hole idea.

    ReplyDelete