Monday, February 24, 2014

Toffee Chocolate Bars-MMMmmm Monday


Toffee Chocolate Bars
(Found recipe on Pinterest)

Claims to be one of the best desserts ever!!  It's quite delicious.
  
Chocolate Bars
Base: 
3/4 cup margarine (or butter)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
Cream and press in 9X13 pan, bake at 350 deg. for 20-25 min.  cool
Filling:
10 oz sweetened cond. milk
2 Tablespoons margarine
Heat milk and margarine, stir over medium heat 5-10 min.  Spread over base.  Bake at 350 deg. for 12-15 min.
Topping:
1 3/4 cup milk choc. chips
1 1/3 cup toffee bits
Sprinkle on choc. chips, bake 2 more min.  Spread chocolate evenly.  Sprinkle on toffee, pressing lightly into chocolate.  Cool, cut and eat.
To make a thicker bar use a square baking dish and bake a bit longer.






 photo Kelliesign.jpg

5 comments:

  1. This recipe is delicious. I made it for a church function & it was a huge hit. Will definitely do this again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I use butter instead of margarine?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you again for all the knowledge you distribute,Good post. I was very interested in the article, it's quite inspiring I should admit. I like visiting you site since I always come across interesting articles like this one.Great Job, I greatly appreciate that.Do Keep sharing! Regards, m & m chocolate price

    ReplyDelete