Monday, February 3, 2014

Super Easy Potato Soup-MMMmmm Monday

We've been on a much deserved blog vacation...
now we're back!

A good friend of mine shared this recipe during the holidays and I finally got around to trying it.  Delicious! And so super easy.  After the last month I needed SUPER EASY!


It's another potato soup recipe and I have to tell you I've tried lots and lots of different recipes for potato soup.  Many very good but time intensive, others not so good and still time intensive.  This one...very yummy and super easy.  


This recipe calls for broccoli which a couple of my kids don't care for but they were encouraged to eat anyway...and loved it!  I also thought for the next time I would add sliced carrots or other yummy veggies.  The not-so-secret ingredient in this soup is...Alfredo Sauce.  What!  
Take a look.



Potato/Broccoli Soup

2-3 Potatoes

1 jar Alfredo sauce

1 bag of frozen Broccoli

2 cups Milk
3/4 + cups Bacon bits
1/2 cube Butter
Salt & pepper


Peel and dice potatoes. Boil until tender. Drain and set aside.  Defrost broccoli. Cut into small mini pieces. Heat Alfredo, milk, butter, bacon in saucepan. Add broccoli and potatoes to sauce and heat. Season with salt & pepper.
Easy stuff! Adjust milk according to desired thickness of soup. Garnish with shredded cheese, sour cream, chives if you like.  Makes great leftovers too.
Thanks for the recipe Tammy!

Jen tried it too and she liked it as well.  My son Jake liked her version with the big slabs of bacon on top!



 photo Kelliesign.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment