Monday, September 22, 2014

Trick or Treat, Something Sweet-MMMmmm Monday

It's not October yet but I'm thinking Halloween.  Maybe it's because every time I turn around I see a ghoul or a goblin ready for purchase.  There are plenty of fun tricks and treats to buy but what could be better than good old fashioned, homemade cookie-in-a-jar.  


I found the jars at Taipan for $3.00.  They are just right for the average 2 inch scoop cookie.



This cookie (see recipe below) is great for freezing.  When I need a quick "Hey I'm thinking about you" treat for a friend or neighbor, I'm able to pull out the already baked cookies from the freezer. 


Stack them in a cute jar.


Add a fun tag.


And have a SPOOKtacular giftie.


Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chips
1 cup margarine (2 cubes)
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
Cream together in large bowl.
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
Mix together and add to creamed mixture.
Add 12 oz. pkg. chocolate chips (or fall M&Ms).  Bake at 375 degrees for 10-13 min.


 photo Kelliesign.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment