Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Back to School Teacher Box

My kids go back to school this week. You would think I'd be doing the happy dance and singing "it's the most wonderful time of the year" like in that Office Max commercial - but I'm sad. No more sleeping in, no more lazy mornings, no more afternoons by the pool. It's back to the grind. Our summer was only 9 weeks this year. Whatever happened to off before Memorial Day and back after Labor Day? I think I will be a tad bit happy for the routine again though.
I like for my younger kids to bring their teachers something on the first day of school. It helps them to not be as nervous and it's not a bad thing to make a good impression with the teacher straight out of the gate.
I saw this idea a few years ago from the girls at eighteen 25 here. I loved it and have been doing it every year since. These are very easy and can be thrown together quickly.
 You can find these boxes at most craft stores, Wal-Mart in the sewing section or even Lowe's. That's where I found this years box. It was cheaper than the ones at Wal-Mart.
For the labels on the box - just use your creativity. I pieced scraps of scrapbook paper together and then added a few elements on top of that. Kellie designed her labels on the computer and printed them, then added a 3d element. At my kids school they call their teachers by their first names, as seen below, but there would still be plenty of room to add a Mrs. on the box as needed.

 

Lots of choices as to what to put inside. I always like putting things she can use in her classroom like paper clips and post-its but also some chocolates, anti bac gel, Band-Aids and my favorite - Advil!

 
It's been fun to give something out of the ordinary - What Back to School teacher gifts are you giving out this year? We have many other ideas for you - just type "teacher appreciation" or "school" into the search box above and see what comes up!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment